Thursday 19 December 2013

Love, Light, and Peace

This came to me today because I have had some negative thoughts and made a couple of negative comments over the past couple of days.  I noticed a shift in my level of peace that was palpable.  If you read this and relate, please feel welcome to comment and if you are one of the people I shared negativity with, I apologize.  I didn't realize it at the time, but wow, do I feel it now!

We are eternal spirits living in a temporary body.  An earthly vessel which is easily influenced.  Where we take our influences from determines a large part of our human experience.  There is no room for negativity in our lives.  I am discovering that if I have a negative thought, negativity returns to me.

It is so true that what we put out is what we receive back.  Like attracts like.  It's a process, to learn to not read negative commentary, or indeed, to comment on it myself, but I have to do it.  I have to NOT comment and add negativity to negativity (slaps own fingers).  There is so much criticism of all things and all people in our world that it is truly an insult to our integrity as individuals and as the human species.

I am not perfect, nor do I ever expect to be, but I am trying to focus on positive, to send love, light, and prayer instead of negative reactions, to return unkindness with kindness.  This is the person I want to be.  This is an attitude that will attract love, peace, health, and blessings to our lives and this is my goal.

I have noticed in my world that when I am practicing the positive, good things happen, but when I let something negative slip past me and slip out of me, which I have done in the past couple of days - negativity comes back to me.  I apologize for any negativity that I may have projected, even today.

Note to self:  Banish negative thoughts.  If you start to read negativity, shut it down, pray for the person, send God's love and light.  Do not accept negative people or statements into my world.  Love and do not judge.

If we fill ourselves with positive energy and God's love, emphasis on FILL, then there's no room for anything else.

A tall order?  Yes, but if I don't aim for it, I won't achieve it.  Aim for the stars and if you reach the moon, be happy  :-)

Wishing everyone in my world a love-filled, peaceful, happy day and life, filled with positivity and contentment of heart, regardless of day-to-day circumstances.  Circumstances are temporary - who we ARE is permanent.  Aim to make oneself the best, most positive self that we can be.

A genuine, warm, loving, peaceful spirit, laced with fun and laughter, is the best gift we can give to each other, and to ourselves, at Christmas and every day.

A friend of mine, one of the most positive people in the Universe, posted this after this blog had been written. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do and that you join me at this address!


Thank you, Bridgit Miezlaiskis, my neighbour!

No comments:

Post a Comment